Two days ago Aaron and I were watching a movie and Ross was roaming around the house like she always did. But when she came back in the room to see us she was eating something. Aaron instantly felt something was wrong and ran to the source. It was rat poison and more than half was gone.Turns out the land lady hid it behind the toilet where none of us had see except for Ross. I began flipping out but aaron calmly called the vet's emergency number. He told us to force ross to drink as much hydrogen peroxide as possible so she would throw up till all the poison was out of her system. I had to go to work the next day so i didn't see ross till after work at 5pm. though she had thrown up all the poison, she wasn't her excited self at all! She barely looked up at me....NOT like her!!! I called aaron(who was out getting our washer and dryer) and told him i was taking her to the vet and he would meet me there. They looked her over and apparently she ate more than we thought. The lethal dose for a dog her size is a pound of rat poison and she had only eaten a quarter of a pound. So they had to keep her over night to watch her and her puppies. We got to take her home today and she definitely had more energy than the night before. We just now have to feed her Vitamin K for the next 40 days. But all in all, it was a very close call!!
Days on the Field
11 years ago







1 comments:
I am glad that she is ok. Not fun!
Post a Comment